Dnata is the largest, most innovative and most successful supplier of air travel services in the Middle East. Whether we’re dealing with a travel or cargo agency, an airline principal or the leisure traveller, emphasis is constantly placed on innovation, quality products and service excellence.
Dnata Key Facts
- Dnata was established by the Dubai Government in 1959 with just five staff and a role of providing ground handling services at the newly opened Dubai International Airport.
- Today, Dnata is one of the largest travel organisations in the Middle East, employing a staff of over 6,500.
- Wholly-owned by the Government of Dubai, Dnata Ground Handling is the sole ground and passenger handling agent at Dubai Airport.
- Dnata Ground Handling has an increasing presence in overseas markets.
- Dnata incorporates Dnata Cargo, sole operator of the Dubai Air Cargo Terminal and three satellite terminals.
- Dnata Travel Services meets the current and future travel demands of the public and the travel trade with retail and wholesale products.
- Dnata is defined as expansion, innovation, commitment to the customer and the pursuit of excellence.
Dnata Ground Handling
For 50 years, Dnata has provided quality and cost-effective passenger, cargo ramp and technical support services to airlines at Dubai Airport. Backed by a team of dedicated, skilled and forward-thinking professionals, Dnata can take care of all aircraft type, in an effective and efficient manner. It is this service characteristic that has helped Dnata become a world class ground handler.
To cope with the rapid growth of Dubai Airport, Dnata Ground Handling is split into three major business units:
- Airport Operations Emirates (EK)
- Airport Operations Other Airlines (OAL)
- Airport Operations Terminal 2 & Freighter Handling
These business units are comprised of the following support departments:
- Baggage Services
- Operations Services
- Passenger Services
- Ramp Services
- Technical Services
In addition, there are three support departments: Sales & Service Delivery, Strategic Quality Planning and Operations Efficiency providing specialist services in their respective disciplines to senior management, and the operating departments.
Dnata Travel Services
For fifty years, Dnata has provided its customers a comprehensive range of leading travel services, from retail, business and travel services through to IT development.
About Dnata Travel Services
- Dnata Travel Services is wholly-owned by the Government of Dubai.
- Dnata Travel Services sources, supplies, distributes, promotes and supports the best in travel products from around the world, making them easily accessible to its customers.
- Dnata Travel Services created an in-house software application called the Dnata Front Office (DFO) for processing ticket reservations, itineraries and fare quotes.
- Customers have access to the UAE Gate card at two key locations – the Dnata Travel Centre on Sheikh Zayed Road and the Dnata Travel outlet near Clock Tower, Deira.
- Dnata Travel, Deira also offers speedy issuance and renewal of residence visas, as well as issuance and cancellation of visit visas.
Dnata Cargo Service
Strategically located at the core of the thriving economies of the Middle East, as well as providing easy access to a wider market extending from Africa to Central Asia, and from Europe to the Far East and Australia, Dubai is a vital link in the global logistics system.
A liberal regulatory regime with ultra-modern facilities, including the airport's award-winning cargo terminals and two superbly equipped ports, have attracted organisations from around the world to set up business in Dubai.
At the heart of this rapid development is Dnata Cargo. Combining more than 50 years experience with some of the industry's most sophisticated equipment, advanced computer systems and innovative techniques, Dnata Cargo provides a comprehensive range of services that covers every aspect of cargo management, marketing and handling.